Our School Council, at St. Mary Magdalen’s R.C Primary, consists of a team of extremely active, dedicated and well organised children. The members of the council take their roles very seriously and, as a result of their hard work, have orchestrated and coordinated positive changes within the school. Children vote for other children in their year group from a range of nominees; they vote for a boy and girl. The school council is led by a Chair and Vice Chair who are chosen by the elected council members. We also have a teacher representative who helps to facilitate the meetings. The school council helps to provide a voice for all pupils and it aims to meet every half term.
The School Council Vision Statement is as follows:
- We work together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- We aim to make everyone feel comfortable, happy and safe at school.
- We aim to listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place.
- We shall work hard to make our school community a better place.
- We aim to share all the exciting and good things happening in school through our Pupil Newsletter (see Pupil Newsletter tab).
During the past few years the school council have helped to improve the school environment and grounds, suggested fun activities during school time, raised money for charities and worthwhile causes.