Following our review of homework in January 2022, we have refined our homework offer to ensure that this is tailored to the current needs of our children. All pupils will be given homework on a Friday which is to be completed and returned to school by the following Wednesday. Children will be asked to complete a short Maths and English task each week, alongside reading at home five times each week.
- Set a piece of English and Maths homework every week.
- Mark homework.
- Celebrate homework in class and during celebration assemblies
- Complete a piece of English and Maths homework every week
- Read five times each week and record this in their reading diary
- Do their best (handwriting, presentation, effort)
- Encourage their child to ‘try their best’ and complete their homework, on time, each week.
- Read with their child at least 5 times each week and record this in reading diaries.
We always love to see children being creative at home and would still love to see any extra homework, such as models and artwork. We hope this gives you a greater insight into what your child is currently learning and allows pupils to have a balance of homework and family time to support their wellbeing.